- Steal, Splice, and Share Your Way to Wow Factor IdeasWith the right approach, anyone can generate ideas that make you go Wow!
- Future-Proof Your Development Income by Building an AudienceWill the development job you’re doing today be around in 10 years time?
- Become a CSS Ninja Using WebflowDiscover how using Webflow makes learning CSS simple, fast, and fun.
- 22 Things I Wish I’d Known About Software Development in My 20sHere are the things I wish I’d done differently to speed up the process of learning software development.
- What Java Developers Need To Know About NPMFor Java devs, npm can be a mystery. Jump in and learn the npm essentials.
Jenkins & CI
- SonarQube branch analysisIn this article you’ll learn how to setup SonarQube branch analysis to check the quality of both master and feature branches, finding potential issues even earlier in the development lifecycle.
- Using PlantUML For Diagrams In A GitLab WikiLast Updated on November 25, 2022 If you’ve ever spent any time reading through documentation, you’ll understand the value of a well-placed diagram. It’s a way to cement understanding and explain complex ideas more easily than in text. In this article you’ll learn how to use PlantUML within a GitLab wiki, to provide a collaborative […]
- How to Measure Code Coverage Using SonarQube and JacocoLast Updated on April 21, 2023 Code coverage is a metric that teams use to measure the quality of their tests, and it represents the percentage of production code that has been tested. Discover how to apply the Gradle Jacoco plugin to your project and run a SonarQube scan to generate a code coverage report. […]
- How and when to use a Prometheus gaugeA Prometheus gauge is a specific type of metric used for measurements. That means your service always returns to Prometheus the current value of whatever it is you’re measuring. Prometheus is regularly scraping your service for metrics though, and when your gauge’s current value is returned Prometheus stores this against the current time. You’ll then […]
- Prometheus service discovery for AWS ECSLast Updated on November 7, 2022 Having Prometheus automatically discover your AWS ECS services makes life a lot easier since you don’t have to manage Prometheus target configurations across environments. Although Prometheus doesn’t provide it out-of-the-box, in this article you’ll discover exactly how to setup service discovery for ECS by combining a few simple tools. […]
- Spring Boot default metricsLast Updated on November 25, 2022 Spring Boot 2’s actuator module provides monitoring and management capabilities for your application, and includes the Micrometer metrics collection facility. Micrometer comes preconfigured with many useful default metrics, and also includes the ability for you to configure your own. In this article we’ll run through the most important default […]
- Run Low-Cost Serverless Java in AWS Lambda (VIDEO)Discover how easy it is to build, test, and deploy Java applications using the AWS Serverless Application Model (SAM).
- How to Deploy Eureka into AWS ECSDiscover how to setup Eureka in AWS ECS following an example project.
- 3 surprising facts about AWS SQS FIFO queuesThe first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue is the type of AWS SQS queue that guarantees order and provides exactly once delivery of messages. That sounds great, but there are some other important features to understand to avoid unexpected queue behaviour. In this article you’ll discover the 3 most important caveats with SQS FIFO queues. 1) If a […]